cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Mobility Group Issue

Neville Price
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 controllers. 2 of which are in the same subnet, there are wlan's anchored to the third is controller, which is in the DMZ.  Issues are as follows:

1. Cont No one: Shows Control and Data Path Up, between it and the controller in the DMZ, can eping and mping

2. Cont No Two: Shows Data Path down, between it and the controller in the DMZ, can not eping but can mping 

3. Firewall Rules remain the same as before the issue occurred.

7 Replies 7

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>> Firewall Rules remain the same as before the issue occurred <<<
did this issue suddenly occur ? or is it only recently noticed?

Are the controllers in HA configuration or N+1 redundancy?
if HA, then a failover (with no fallback) may have taken place?

I assume you've all ready checked all controllers are added to the mobility group on all devices!

Hi

All controllers are added to the mobility groups.

Controllers are in HA, there was a failover and it did not fallback, I forced the switchover, I have rebooted both the local controller and the controller in the DMZ.

This may be a coincidence, but this happened soon after we had lost our vlan dtatbase on our core switches.

thanks

nev

Nev,

If you had an issue with your core and your controller vlans was impacted, then yes that was the problem. You should test your failover once your core is back I’m at 100% and you should see no issues.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott

The core is all back to normal, I have failed the controllers back, everything is working correctly, apart from one Mobility Group between 2 controllers.

thanks

nev

Also

1. Removed the Anchors from the associated WLAN’s
  2. Removed WLC’s from the Mobility Groups
  3. Recreated the above. This made no difference at all, control path up data path down
  4. I can mping both ways, but not eping
  5. We removed and re-created the firewall rules, but Data Path remains down

Has maybe the native VLAN changed with the core issue? Do you use multicast or only unicast?
Just to be sure, check again the MAC addresses in the configuration.

Neville Price
Level 1
Level 1

This turned out to be a Firewall Issue, now resolved.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card