cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Network Advantage/Essential Software/TAC Support

dvaggalis
Level 1
Level 1

For customers who purchase Cisco DNA Advantage/Essentials Subscriptions, “Network Advantage/Essentials will be supported and will continue to function even after the Subscription expiration.”

If the customer chooses not to renew the DNA Subscription, where/how does the customer get Software/TAC support for Network Advantage/Essentials? Is it included with the SmartNet on the C9800 Controller? Is SWSS available, or do you run unsupported?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

License is different and support is different.

If you network advantage perpetual, DNAC subscription expires, that is related to DNAC (the function of the router should work as expected) as i understand your question here.

Smartnet support is addon which you get TAC support to troubleshoot (this is nothing to do with License of the device)

you can chat with sales team to guide better :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/buy.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DNA Subscription License is only for those who have a DNAC appliance.  Without a DNAC appliance, just purchase the minimum 3-year DNA license and let the license lapse.  Nothing is going to happen and the threat of enforcement has been removed.  

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just be careful with 9800-CL and check release notes for new software versions there is always the chance cisco alter this. The 9800-CL i have heard of enforcement coming

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

dvaggalis
Level 1
Level 1

I’m not referring to DNAC or routers or licensing.  I’m asking about software/TAC support for wireless access points and controllers, if you let the DNA Subscription expire.  My assumption is there is no software support without the DNA Subscription. 

Some think if you have SmartNet on the wireless controller, this will provide software support in addition to hardware support on the controller, the access point hardware support would come from the lifetime warranty.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card