Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Network Analyzer Reccs.

CSCO11733516
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys-

I'm starting to look into purchasing a portable (preferably) wireless network analyzer. I've really only read and be informed of the Fluke Networks products; OptiView and EtherScope.

No need for me to list the features I'm looking for, as the basics will do for now. As mentioned above, I prefer a portable device, but would be open to software based solutions. Primarily something that isn't the most expensive thing out there, as this may very well end up being a personal purchase.

Just wondering if there are any other vendors/models that you guys can recommend me looking into. I would also be interested in any additional information you may have to share regarding a purchase of this sort (must-have features, personal exp, etc.).

Any help is much appreciated and thanks again!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have a Fluke tablet analyzer but its overkill and 50,000. I dont like lugging it around a building to check basics.  I bought a Fluke Aircheck, I do 90% of my troubleshooting and testing with it and its a small handheld device.  I think it was 1500 to 1800.  

http://www.flukenetworks.com/enterprise-network/network-testing/AirCheck-Wi-Fi-Tester

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

CSCO11733516
Level 1
Level 1

Any input on this guys?

Or would moving this post to a different section of forums be a better idea?  I wasn't sure if this was the most appropriate place to post this.

I have a Fluke tablet analyzer but its overkill and 50,000. I dont like lugging it around a building to check basics.  I bought a Fluke Aircheck, I do 90% of my troubleshooting and testing with it and its a small handheld device.  I think it was 1500 to 1800.  

http://www.flukenetworks.com/enterprise-network/network-testing/AirCheck-Wi-Fi-Tester

Thanks for the info man.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card