cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless problem. clients connected, but no traffic

atsurtsumia
Level 1
Level 1

We have three wireless controllers (5508) SW: 7.6.130 in enterprise with around 250 AP. ( 2600, 3702, e t c )

They all, on different networks, over L3. no mobility configured between them.

Problem: on some Access points, users get connected to SSID, authenticated, obtained dhcp address but unable to communicate with rest of the network. I have connected my laptop on same AP and same SSID.

I've got ip from dhcp, but not traffic passes. I cannot ping my gateway, cannot access internet and so on. My pc is able to reach/ping only WLC virtual interface, but not management IP, or my own gateway.

as workaround, If I move this AP to another controller, all works fine.

I have checked switchport config for AP. it's fine. ( switchport access vlan xxx)

Trunk to WLC controller is in portchannel. with all vlans allowed.

I upgraded version for controller to 8.3.102, but no luck.

Please assist me with this, as it becomes critical now.

I could not raise a TAC case, as  serial numbers for those controllers are not covered anymore.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've got ip from dhcp, but not traffic passes. I cannot ping my gateway,

Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway of the clients and dynamic interface.  

This is NOT a wireless issue but a configuration issue.  

IP, MASK and gateway on pc all fine and correct. ( issued from same dhcp server)
We have many other AP, from the same group on controller, and on those AP users gets connected with no problem.

Even if I don't get gateway from dhcp, I should be able to ping it, as we are in the same broadcast domain.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card