cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless problem with DHCP

ahmad_zoua
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2504 with Image 7.4.121.0 and AP 2702I with image 15.3(3)JA, i did a small lab and i connect the ap directly to the POE port on the controller and I did all configuration correct and made the controller a DHCP. However the AP is getting IP but with following error:

*Mar  1 01:43:32.639: %CAPWAP-3-DHCP_RENEW: Could not discover WLC. Either IP address is not assigned or assigned IP is wrong. Renewing DHCP IP.

*Mar  1 01:43:35.711: %DHCP-6-ADDRESS_ASSIGN: Interface BVI1 assigned DHCP address 10.1.1.11, mask 255.255.255.0, hostname AP881d.fca9.5310

I read about it and everybody is talking about option 43, I tried to activate this option on the controller but i think it doesn't support.

please advice.

3 Replies 3

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Seems like compatibility issue;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

I read it, and I'm trying to upgrade the wireless controller from my Mac but its always giving the same error from my TFTP server, which is : 

access violation 

I used a laptop with Windows and i discovered that there were a problem with the image that i downloaded from Cisco.. i did download it again and everything is working just fine with my wireless controller... thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card