cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Security with EAP-FAST

manishkbohra
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to implement Wireless security with Cisco Access Point 1200, ACS 3.2.3 with 802.1x and EAP-FAST as authentication method. I am clear with te technologies used in EAP-FAST but i would like to know that what is required at client PC which is going to be supplicant. The Supplicant will be windows 2000 or XP PC but there is only PEAP or certiicate option in Wireless Adapter Properties how to configure it for EAP-FAST, do i need to download and install any software in Supplicant (CLient PC).

2 Replies 2

EAP-FAST is supportet with the Cisco Aironet Client Utility. But you have to use a Cisco Wirelessadapter with this supplicant.

d.rehfeldt
Level 1
Level 1

Check for third-party devices with CCX version 3 support. Most of the larger vendors have updates for their client software that will provide support for EAP-FAST. I have have configured the Cisco AP's with EAP-FAST and a variety of clients systems, including Dell, HP, Compaq, and newer PocketPC's types. Good luck.

Cisco has details on this program at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partners/pr46/pr147/partners_pgm_concept_home.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card