Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Signals Problem

umar bhatti
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I need help and advise on my current problem. Basically at home i am using normal sky router and signals are really bad in garage and room upstairs. I can't run through a cable. Is there any thing which i can use wireless.

Please advise.                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I haven't tried any, but my friends have various brands of these and they like it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There isn't anything cheap that you can do from a Cisco side. You might want to look at some home solution power line wireless devices. The only thing with those is that they have to be on the same electrical circuit.

Unless you want to buy a WLC2504 and some AP's you can run Indoor MESH. That's what I do.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Any thing else then WLC2504 that's bit to much. When you say on the same electrical circuit. Does it mean socket needs to be on same electric line.

Are they any good if we use them.

Yes same line... This is a requirement. I have a few friends that use this and it works. The only issue is that the garage is usually a separate circuit. So to test, shut the breaker down and see where you loose power.

-Scott

Ok brilliant i try that. Do recommand any of these devices.

I haven't tried any, but my friends have various brands of these and they like it.

-Scott

Ok i check the circuits first then get some. thanks for your help Scott

Here is a review of them

http://techlogon.com/2011/07/18/using-a-powerline-wireless-adapter-to-extend-wireless-around-the-house/

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Here is a CNET review

http://reviews.cnet.com/2733-3243_7-568-8.html

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card