Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Site Survey with Cisco Mobility Express AP

Robert Preuss
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

I'd like to perform a site survey with a 1832i and a 2802i. With older models I used an IOS image to set power level, channel.

How is it possible to perform a site survey with the new mobility express image? I don't know how to set power level and to get an mobilty express ap in controller mode to broadcast an ssid (AP does not join it's controller running on the same AP). Is there an existing config or best practice guide for site surveys with these models or an "site survey mode" like the Cisco Meraki APs?

Thanks in advance.

Robert

3 Replies 3

Mikey Boy
Level 1
Level 1

I am also in this predicament. Since Cisco seemed to have stopped the full autonomous IOS on the new model AP's how are you supposed to site survey with one?

I currently have a new 1832 on my desk and without being able to reach a default gateway it does not appear to want to turn its radio on.

Does anyone else have any ideas on this other than using the older models?

Regards

macovey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/technology/security/documents/me-deployment-guide.pdf

With the latest 8.3 release, you will not need a switch, as you can do it all over the air. I just configured it for the first time today, and it works very well.

Cheers!

Hi macovey,

Did your AP complain of DNS/SNTP issues without a switch in the picture?  It seems like our 2802 AP/ME won't "stabilize" until "something" is plugged into the data port of our power injector.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card