cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIRELESS SOLUTION

Sumesh N.S
Level 1
Level 1

We need a solution for the wireless network inside the campus area for our new project. Our requirement is we have a datacenter inside the campus. So the users standing anywhere in the campus area should be able to access the application which is running inside the data center from their smart devices. The campus area range is 5KM. In addition there are buildings inside the campus area. So the users inside this buildings also need to access the application from their phones or tablets.

The biggest challenge for us is that the client does not need to install the indoor access points for the users inside the building for accessing the application. They don’t want to do any type of cabling inside the building or installing the access switches inside the building. Everything should be done by the Outdoor access point. So what I mean to say is the signals should penetrate the walls of the building for the users inside the building for the application access from their smart devices. About the application Bandwidth it is only a chat application so I don’t think it requires huge bandwidth.

Can any one suggest a wireless outdoor access point which can penetrate the walls of the building for the indoor users.

3 Replies 3

Hello Sumesh,

You might want to consider Cisco Aironet 1550 Series Outdoor Access Points since it can penetrate indoor wireless however there might be some signal issues that you need to consider.

It would be also good to do wireless assessment for the set up of your access points.

Please check the link for comparison of the devices that you might also consider, http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/buyers-guide.html#~outdoor.

Please feel free to email me (alyreyes@cisco.com) if you have additional questions and for further assistance.

Regards,

Alyza Reyes

You might want to consider Cisco Aironet 1550 Series Outdoor Access Points since it can penetrate indoor wireless however there might be some signal issues that you need to consider.

Be very careful about what you are posting.  You've got a Cisco avatar and people will be mistaken to think you work for Cisco (you're just a sub-contractor).  

Without doing any further research and knowledge about what the OP wants you're already giving him the wrong information/recommendation (like any sales person would do).  If the OP buys the wrong equipment he's got all the rights to go back to Cisco and ask for compensation.  

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can any one suggest a wireless outdoor access point which can penetrate the walls of the building for the indoor users.

So the school wants to have the APs located outside the buildings?  If the answer is YES, then I will NOT be irresponsible and recommend an AP because I don't know the layout of the buildings, the composition of walls, the obstacles, the dimension and the spaces in between. 

Get a wireless site survey done.  This is the recommendation I will make (and maybe many others).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: