cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless VLANs

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about the 800 16 wireless LAN you can make you that both 2.4GHz and 5GHz on?

28 Replies 28

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scott Fella will be the right person to answer this question..

Scott,

I request you to pitch in..

Regards
Surendra

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Regards
Surendra BG

+5 Surendra you are funny... Leo has the answer

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

You're both wrogn. 

(I meant the post ABOVE.)

I think PCfreak is rating some post today! Wow .. Thanks for supporting the rating system ...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

pcfreak49 wrote:

I have a question about the 800 16 wireless LAN you can make you that both 2.4GHz and 5GHz on?

A single AP can only broadcast a max of 16 SSIDs. You can however make many more SSIDs and VLANS but this would require AP groups. 

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anyone of you gents planning to implement 802.11ac?

Message was edited by: Leo Laohoo TYPE-O

@Leo... I have it running on one of my 3600's but I don't have any AC wireless cards:)

-Scott

Same here, Scott.  I got an eco-box of 3600 but we installed just one.  We don't want to let the rest of the organization know that there's a 802.11ac-ready AP somewhere in the building or the rest of these clowns will want it so "they use their iPhones to surf the net faster."

because the interfaces subinterfaces dotradio11 0.16 I got it no problem, the problem lies in creating subinterfaces interface gigabit ethernet 0.15 because then I get the message This platform supports only 16 vlans on this interface.

Sounds like you are using a autonmous ap not a WLC. On autonmous its a 1 - 1 mapping

what you mean

and if you change the IOS

What AP do you have and is it autonomous or lightweight?

-Scott

I 800 series

So which 800 series router do you have. It's a router/ap correct?

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card