Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless -web-auth problems

Network Pro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a setup where by we have internal WLC (cisco 5508) and a Guest WLC (cisco 4402) in the DMZ. The Gues SSID in internal wlc is anchrorded back to Guest WLC in DMZ (the guest dmz also serves as dhcp). We seem to have problems with this recently with users complaining that they get limited access or not able to get the redirection page (web page certificates - redirection to 1.1.1.1)

Does any one know if the cisco 5508 controllers / cisco 4400 running dhcp have any problems with this ?

Thanks

19 Replies 19

Fast SSID change is in the GUI under the controller tab.

Your time should be set the same especially if they are located in the same timeline. It's really for the APs but it good practice.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

scott, i have done a debug and tried connecting to the ssid. What i found was whenever it connected, i could see debug mesgs on both controllers but when it didnt connect or limited connectivity then i could see only debug msgs on internal wlc which tells me that the dmz wlc is not receving any sort of infro from internal wlc. I ahve checked mobility tunnel and they seem to be UP. anything you can think of ?

Hi Scott,

i found what the problem is. i did a debug on internal and dmz controller. I found that when a client doesnt conenct to a ssid then on running the debug for some reason the client seems to connect officeextend controller and i can see debugs on that (did a debug client on 3 controllers). the officeextend controller does not have any dhcp running and hence the reason why its not getting an ip. do you think there could be a problem with the mobility anchor?

attached debug logs

Thanks

scott,

you are correct with the mobility anchor. it was an incorrect entry on the mobility anchor that was causing the issue and there was also another issue with the termination of the interface under AP groups. (incorrect interface set)

once i correct the above, its fine now. Thanks for your help

Glad you got it working!

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card