cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wirelss client cannot connect

timothylau
Level 1
Level 1

Recently we found there is a problem on our APs, or in our WLC, or it is specific to one of the AP only.

The issue was when someone tried to connect to one of the broadcasted SSID (M-TECH - visible), it didn't allow the user to get connected. Then we tried to change some settings on the Windows (by changing the Random hardware addresses to ON) then it connects all the way. But when some other people tried to change the settings on Windows, it doesn't work which means it cannot connect to this SSID M-TECH.

In our network environment, we have 12 unit of APs. We have broadcasted 2 visible SSID and 2 hidden SSID.

Using the same PC, I have no issues when connecting to another WLAN (M-DATA - hidden SSID). I also checked that in the testing are connecting to the same AP because it shows on the Client page.

Is there anything I can check on the APs or WLC? Appreciate for any idea or suggestions.

Our APs are AIR-AP2802I-Z-K9 and the WLC is AIR-CTVM-K9 (ver 8.7.106.0)

Regards,

Timothy

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reboot the AP.

Update the firmware of the WLC.  8.7MR1 is not stable. 

Ok. Good idea to reboot. Will try it after office hour.

The other thing also reminds me, for the update of the Firmware. I am going to plan this out.

Cheers

One more thing. I have successfully backup the Configuration of vWLC to an TFTP server. Do I have to backup the APs? If yes, how can I do it?

Cheers,

AP configs are managed by the vWLC.  

timothylau
Level 1
Level 1

Reboot some APs, but seems the settings have to be changed in the Windows. Looking for a way to upgrade the vWLC and all the APs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: