Level 1
Level 1

System Name      Cisco Master AP  
Model                   AIR-AP1832I-E-K9
Software Version  8.3.112.0
Management IP Address 192.168.108.99

Guys,
I am trying to set this Primary AP up, below is my scenario: 

Local users currently have a LAN address of 192.168.108.0/24 - which has a local breakout, we have a MPLS circuit with a link back to our head office for access to shared drives.

Now I am trying to set this AP up, where if users wants to browse the net, it via the AP SSID  _Staff_Network they can do without coming back to our head office. If they want access files files / folders they can do using the MPLS link. 

Also I am trying to setup a guest network on the 192.168.33.0/24 range, which is on Vlan 10.  So users connected to _Guest_Network can use the broadband link.

Would anyone be able to advise if this is possible?  Please see screenshot attached, is there a configuration on the Cisco ASA / Wireless controller I should amend?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

AP is simply L2 device, so it does not do routing. As long as your AP connect to a swichport which is configured as trunk port, you can have multiple SSIDs that can map to different vlans.

It is up to L3 device to decide which way you want to route those two vlans traffic

HTH

Rasika

https://192.168.108.99  - Management Interface via a Cisco ASA

Local IP address 192.168.108.89 

Gateway 192.168.108.1

I want to use the local DHCP server for GUEST wifi  ( this AP is able to act as a DHCP Server)

IP address 192.168.33.0

Configured for Vlan 10 

How would I configure this?  I have done the following:

WLANS >  SSID > WLAN Security >  Selected the Guest from the drop down menu 

Went into DHCP server and provided the above details. 

If this is not possible I believe the other way would be to configure the switch to add a IP range as a trunk and then the ASA to have the IP range of 192.168.33.x 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card