Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM1 to WISM2 migration with different image

Lim Victor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am about to migrate WISM1 to WISM2, The image of WISM1 is 6.0.199.4 and the image of WISM2 is 7.2.111.3.

Do i need to upgrade WISM1 to 7.2.111.3 before i export the configuration and import it into WISM2? Or can i just export the configuration from WISM1 on 6.0.199.4 and import directly to WISM2 which is on 7.1.111.3?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the WiSM can only be upgraded to 7.0 and the lowest code the WiSM2 can have is 7.1 which was a temp code. What I would do is upgrade the WiSM to the latest 7.0 code and export the configuration. Then I would put the WiSM2 on the latest 7.2 code prior to do anything. Open the configuration file using a text editor and remove the ap manager interface and any other commands that you don't need. You don't need to of you don't want to. One thing I would change is the management username and password. It's hashed and that can cause am issue when you upload the config to the WiSM2. So change that and then upload. Verify that everything took by reviewing the configuration from the GUI.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the WiSM can only be upgraded to 7.0 and the lowest code the WiSM2 can have is 7.1 which was a temp code. What I would do is upgrade the WiSM to the latest 7.0 code and export the configuration. Then I would put the WiSM2 on the latest 7.2 code prior to do anything. Open the configuration file using a text editor and remove the ap manager interface and any other commands that you don't need. You don't need to of you don't want to. One thing I would change is the management username and password. It's hashed and that can cause am issue when you upload the config to the WiSM2. So change that and then upload. Verify that everything took by reviewing the configuration from the GUI.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the guidance. I will do that.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card