Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN clients getting a wrong router IP from DHCP/relay

tiadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning guys

I have two WLANs ("POTIGAS - Coletores" and "POTIGAS - Teste interno") that are configured in a 2504 WLC and that are delivering a wrong default gateway to the wireless clients. The dynamic interfaces are respectively on VLANs 40 and 30, and the router on the network has DHCP relay properly configured for 192.168.0.214 (internal DHCP Server) on its network interfaces, whose IPs are 10.40.40.254 and 10.30.30.254.

The clients of these networks receive the IP in their corresponding VLAN, correctly, but the router's IP (default gateway) on the client is always 192.168.0.1 which is the IP of the native VLAN1 router´s, which is associated with the WLAN "POTIGÁS - Corporativo".

When I configure a client wired to VLAN 40 or VLAN 30, it receives the gateway IP correctly, so a possible problem with the router or relay / DHCP would be overlooked.

imagem.png

Has anyone here experienced this or can you help me solve this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tiadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I found the problem. It was my mistake in configuring a particularity of the dhcp server (which I believe does not fit here in this forum). I apologize to everyone!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

are these WLAN mapping to VLAN 30 ,40 or mapping to VLAN 1?

Are you using any AAA override ?

The wlans are mapped to the corresponding vlans, by dynamic interfaces and dont have AAA.

tiadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I found the problem. It was my mistake in configuring a particularity of the dhcp server (which I believe does not fit here in this forum). I apologize to everyone!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card