Views
Helpful
Replies

Wlan Controller 2504

mhuaynate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends:

I had configured in my wlan controller, 02 radius server for 802.1x authenticaction. I want to kown wich radius server will use my user to connect.

I want that firt use the IP:10.240.4.7 and second the IP 10.240.134.7, but allway use the IP 10.240.134.7

Best Regard,

Marco

6 Replies 6

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Marco,

This is specific to the SSID.

Have you verfied if the ip address 10.240.4.7 is the first aaa server under the SSID which you are referring to? Please verify this as below

Please go to WLAN --> Select the SSID which is doing 802.1x -->Select Security --> AAA Server and ensure that Server 1 here is selected as 10.240.4.7

Hope that helps

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Hi my fried..

Yes this aaa server is selected.

Best regard,

Marco

Hi Marco,

Are you saying that even though 10.240.4.7 is selected as the first server the authetication request are not at all going to that server? Are you able to see any passed or failed authetication logs on this ACS?

Also im not sure which version of code you are running on WLC. You may have to look at  below document to understand more about RADIUS fallback feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a008098987e.shtml#passive

Hope that helps

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !

Hi Najaf:

My IOS version is 2504 7.2.103.0

Regard,

Marco.

Hi Najaf:

ow is working fine.

Thank.

Marco

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

You need to configure the RADIUS Server Fallback Feature Using the Command Line Interface (CLI)

Note: Use the Command Lookup Tool (registered customers only) to obtain more information on the commands used in this section.

Use the following commands from the WLC CLI to enable the RADIUS server fallback feature on the WLC.

The first step is to select the mode of RADIUS server fallback. As mentioned earlier, the WLC supports active and passive modes of fallback.

In order to select the mode of fallback, use this command:

WLC1 > config radius fallback-test mode {active/passive/off}

•active—Sends probes to dead servers to test status.

•passive—Sets server status based on last transaction.

•off—Disables server fallback test (default).

For more information please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a008098987e.shtml#passive

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card