cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 - 8.3.150 AP 1562E NOT JOINING

SZI
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2504 WLC running 8.3.150 code with 1552 and 1572 AP joining but for some reason the 1562E are not joining. The AP are on the same management IP as the WLC, I have added the mac address of the AP to the WLC via this process { Security -> Ap policies -> Add -> Write Outdoor AP Mac Address -> Select "MIC" -> Enter Add } but AP's are still not joining. The AP get IP address from the management subnet alright but still are not joining the WLC. Any help ?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- 1) Check the controller logs when the AP is trying to join 2) Verify controller versus ap compatibilities with :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html   

(also look at required software versions)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

1. WLC:  sh sysinfo
  2. WLC:  sh time
  3. AP:  sh version
  4. AP:  sh ip interface brief
  5. AP:  sh capwap ap client rcb

And:

6. Full console log from the AP from power-on through to join attempt and failure.

7. Like @marce1000  said "Check the controller logs when the AP is trying to join" and join stats error reason on WLC

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card