WLC 2504 and DHCP with 3602 series WAP's

RJ RJ
Level 1
Level 1
3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The WLC is really just a wireless switch. It does not do routing. If you want your wireless client to reach a different network you will need to make sure the router protocol in use is allowing this ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

abel.ortgea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
As Jorge said think always the WLC as a wireless switch even if it is a WLCM (integrated module to your router)
In this case you have two networks segments, so you have to route them in your router protocol.
This segment you have in the WLC needs another vlan or sub interface

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

George and Abel, Thanks for the information. As I suspected. Also will I need to add this to every switch that has an AP attached to it or just the switch attached to the controller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card