Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 and Meraki AP MR18

C K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are using Cisco WLC2504 with AIR -AP 18521-E-K9 10 of them,  through out the building with standard settings nothing out of the blue. Everything was working fine till one of the client in adjacent room bought their own MR 18 for their office.

They were given separate VAN from our switch and router so they are isolated on the cable connection but every time they turn on their MR 18 it kills our Wi-Fi on all 10 AIR -AP 18521-E-K9.

So other users in the building will get the correct IP from our DHCP on Wi-Fi but they will not be able to surf internet.  The client internet is working fine both on Wire and wireless. Their MR 18 is plugged into their own switch and the switch is connected to their own router.

Channels and frequency are Auto on our side and on Client MR18 side.

Any suggestion how i can isolate this AP MR 18 on WLC.  

Thanks

CK

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>but they will not be able to surf internet

What happens then (elaborate in detail)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

so they get the right IPs and can ping gateway as i can ping those device from my test laptop.

Also found out that Apple devices re working fine its only the Android ones that have the issue.

- Could be  a bug , make sure to use fairly recent software release on the 2504

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card