Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 AP Options

Is there way to group APs to get different profiles. I need to have some that have the 2.4GHz turned down and some wiht the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz on.

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

in 7.2 you can use RF profiles,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_wlan.html#wp1644115

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on software version 7.0.220.0 on the WLC, so I would need to update to a newer version?

Well you can do AP groups on 7.0

What are you trying to do exactly. Can you give us an example

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I have 6 APs that I just got working on the WLC thanks to all of you.

Now I need to have 3 of those to have only 2.4GHz specturm turned on. The others will have 2.4 and 5.0.

I will need to wait until my service contract info get processed before I can download the software. Bummer.

If you simpy want to turn off the 2.4 on 3 aps, go into the WIRELESS tab > select 802.11b/g/n on left > find ap and slelect > and then disable the 2.4 radio by disable the admin ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Well you can go into the radio itself, and turn it off on the 3 that don't need it.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

For what I am thinking you are wanting to do, yes you would need to upgrade to 7.2 for this feature.

If you just want to go in an manually turn off the radios, then no.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card