cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 in 802.11n only one channel

cwhlaw2009
Level 1
Level 1

I just power on my new wlc 2504 and connect new ap 1700 and use inSSIDer check wifi signal.

In inSSIDer report, my SSID only one channel in 802.11n but other SSID (not broadcast from my AP) have two channel.

Can i change set like this ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to enable 40mhz channel width. Default is 20mhz and that is why you see what you are seeing.  Look at step 5 on this link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-3/configuration/guide/b_cg73/b_wlc-cg_chapter_01100.html#ID657

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

View solution in original post

You can't. Only home wireless allows you to bond two 29mhz channels. In an enterprise environment you only have 3 available non overlapping channels on the 2.4ghz.  Channel 1, 6, 11.  So if you use 40mhz, you either use 1-6, 6-11 and now you only have one good channel to use. 1-6 and 6-11 overlaps channel 6.  This causes channel utilization and that is why enterprise vendors don't bond on the 2.4ghz.

-Scott 

-Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to enable 40mhz channel width. Default is 20mhz and that is why you see what you are seeing.  Look at step 5 on this link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-3/configuration/guide/b_cg73/b_wlc-cg_chapter_01100.html#ID657

-Scott 

-Scott

Thx Scott Fella,

Follow the instruction, I tested only 802.11a can change channel width, but i want to do this is 2.4G channel...

I have some low price AP can set 40mhz in 2.4G, but in this time...

THX

You can't. Only home wireless allows you to bond two 29mhz channels. In an enterprise environment you only have 3 available non overlapping channels on the 2.4ghz.  Channel 1, 6, 11.  So if you use 40mhz, you either use 1-6, 6-11 and now you only have one good channel to use. 1-6 and 6-11 overlaps channel 6.  This causes channel utilization and that is why enterprise vendors don't bond on the 2.4ghz.

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card