Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC_2504

rashedraad29
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I have a problem with using WLC, the WLC can not see its default gateway and it has no routing table when ping from WLC to its default gateway there is no connection, even can't open the web management. what reason for this problem?

my topology consists of a core switch, WLC, and LAP, and I have  created VLAN 10 that is associated with LAP and WLC,  I sure from my configuration but the wired thing is no routing table for WLC, as well as i able to ping from CORE switch to LAP 

7 Replies 7

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Which controller model are you talking about? They are different on AireOS than C9800 ones.

#WCL_2504

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

CT2504 don't have any routing table, these are basically Layer-2 devices.

The only config that is needed is to define management interface like this:

interface address management 10.0.0.99 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.1

yes, I know it is a layer 2 device but when I write the command "show route summary" the output is nothing.

sadly, the command didn't work

Since the WLC is a L2 device, you will not see anything with that command.  You should be more specific on your setup.  What is the WLC interface configuration?  What is the switchport configuration?  The problem you have is most likely a mismatch on the vlan tag your have on the WLC or the switchport.

So paste your show interface summary on the WLC and also the switchport configuration the WLC is connected to.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

the management port is port 1, and the port of the switch is fa0/1 port trunk 

Screenshot 2022-12-16 115108.png

Can you share trunk port config to check native VLAN and that VLAN 10 is added to the trunk port?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card