Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4400 Not authetnicating between GUEST and Private networks

aremirez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I have a problem. I have a WLC 4400 and the problem i´m encountering is that when a user authetnicates to the private network, and then tryies to autheticate to the Guest network, it just stays there, it doens't do anything. Same way around, if you authenticate tothe Guest network, and change to the private network, it just sits there. I pointing that the problem is with Authentication, but not sure if i´m correct.

Can anyone help me?? what ifnormation will i need to retreive from the WLC to see where the problem lies??

I will get the debug mac addr <client-MAC-address           xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx> and repeat the issue in order to see if i get anything from the client.

Thanks for the help

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i would check if its stucking on getting IP address or authenticating. Probaly try to manually set the IP when changing between networks and see if works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

umar bhatti
Level 1
Level 1

what authentation methods both networks are using. Also are you using different IP ranges for both networks.

Damon Garner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try enabling fast change said in the controller general section.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

i would check if its stucking on getting IP address or authenticating. Probaly try to manually set the IP when changing between networks and see if works.

aremirez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the help.

Actually the problem was that the WLC had a wrong time and also we had on our DHCP a 24 hour lease, so we were running low on IP´s.

Change the lease for 8 hours and set the time correctly and the issue got solved.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: