cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5500: unable to clear a single arp-table entry

gjaramillo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with a single IP address inside a network, composed by a layer-3 switch, a WLC 5500, and nine 1261 access points. The client uses static IP asignment inside its network, when the IP is configured on a PC connected by cable there isnĀ“t any problem, but when the IP is assigned to a wireless client, the device cannot connect to the wireless network.

I issued 'show arp switch' command inside the controller, and the IP is resoved to a client MAC address, but this MAC address cannot be found registered in any of the APs, when the 'clear arp' command is issued this entry is not deleted from the table. Also this entry doesn't exist in the core switch.

I htank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

GermƔn

2 Replies 2

Hi

Check whether "DHCP Addr Assignment" check box is ticked under WLAN Advanced settings. If so Static IP client won't be able to join your wireless network.

Post here "show wlan " output & "debug client " output of your 5508 WLC while you are trying to associate this static client to your wireless network. That would help to identify the issue you are having

Regards

Rasika

Ras is on target where to start. +5 my friend

Keep in mind if the device has a static ip you also need to generate some traffic from the device to the controller. Like opening a browser or something ..

Are you using interface groups by change ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin