cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5520 showing Select Proper Boot device ??

SUHAIL TP
Level 1
Level 1

aaaa.pngi am using WLC5520 ,unfortunatily its not taking cisco image booting . whats the issue .i  take the SD flash disk inside the controlled and put it my lap top it was empty . is that reason its not taking boot? wherw WLC image stored in 5520?how can i add the image ?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- These kind of 'hardware interventions' are not supported , post the startup process (console) , but your controller will probably need replacement (RMA)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

SUHAIL TP
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for your reply .Please find the attached picture... this is the screen i am getting . what's the meaning ? and how can i boot the image ?

aaaa.png

-  The flash is corrupt , I don't think it can be recovered  , you could confirm this with TAC (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Marce is correct - you cannot recover from this yourself - your only option is to contact Cisco TAC and that will probably require RMA.

Did you make sure you updated CIMC and firmware on the WLC before trying to upgrade as per https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn810mr9.html#cimc-upgrade because that addresses some bugs which can cause this type of problem?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card