cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 7.2 code and Custom WebAuth

David Ritter
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a way to associate a Custom Downloaded page to 1 and only 1 AP/guest account, leaving the rest using the default?

It appears to be a global condition.

the folks at the Law Library have/want their own verbage for their guests and receive the usual daily guest key..  I want the default page for all the other 'guest accounts' on the controller.

currently the LawLib AP resides on a WiSM while all the rest of the production devices are on 5508's, and I want to kill the WiSM.

David

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You best bet is to have a different SSID for that company. Then use ap groups to decide what APs will have which WLAN SSID.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To explain it better, you only can define a certain WebAuth page per SSID and that is why having a separate SSID for the library is a better way of doing things. This allows guest users to know what SSID they should connect to and separates in a way the normal guest from the library guest. It doesn't mean that the guest or library guest won't connect to the other SSID but at least you have the correct verbiage on each custom WebAuth HTML page.

-Scott

Ah, now it is time for a 2nd 'Guest SSID' and I can dedicate that to the LawLibrary and its 1 AP.

Thank you.

No problem. Glad you have it working. Well soon I hope:)

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card