cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 8510 HDD failure

netgn
Level 1
Level 1

We had one of our HDD fail and now the device won't boot at all.  We can get into IMM and we are also able to use KVM to view the BIOS boot up and menu system.  I've tried to boot off USB, CD ROM, and the other HDD but I cannot get this device to boot up.  Does anyone know how you can boot the WLC 8510 from a USB stick or otherwise to get this thing back online or am I done for?  I have the .aes files on USB stick and have also tried to boot from CD with these files but no luck.  It doesnt even get to the Cisco boot loader screen just says boot failed and recycles.  Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Not supported on those devices , you can only resort to RMA

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Not supported on those devices , you can only resort to RMA

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card