Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC CLI command to show clients

Aleck_Sei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody

I work with a Cisco 8540 WLC and I have to extract some connection statistics.

Is there some command to list...

- all clients connected to a specific SSID?
- all clients connected to a specific APGroup?
- all clients connected to a particular AP.?

I am trying to use "grep" but I am not able to display the information that I want.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have Prime Infrastructure?  You can pull client statistics from that or even other management tools.  If you are just looking for a command line for just point in time connections, then there are a few, like one @marce1000 mentioned.  You can also look at the show client summary ?

There are options to include the ssid ip username, etc.

(5520-01) >show client summary ?

<ssid / ip / username / devicetype / security / ipsk-tag> Displays active clients selective details on anyone (OR) all of parameters <ssid, ip, username, devicetype, ipsk-tag> requested in any order.

The apgroup stuff you might just have to figure out how to parse that data from the show wlan apgroup command.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...all clients connected to a specific SSID?
                      show client wlan <wlan_id>

Further , checkout this document : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-6/configuration-guide/b_cg76/b_cg76_chapter_01111011.pdf

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Gaurav  Kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Jorgerr,

You may please refer to following link: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/command/reference/lwap/lwapcr74_chapter_010.pdf on page number 52 you will find commands you are looking for.

Please mark as solution and rate helpful if it helps you.

GoodLuck..

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have Prime Infrastructure?  You can pull client statistics from that or even other management tools.  If you are just looking for a command line for just point in time connections, then there are a few, like one @marce1000 mentioned.  You can also look at the show client summary ?

There are options to include the ssid ip username, etc.

(5520-01) >show client summary ?

<ssid / ip / username / devicetype / security / ipsk-tag> Displays active clients selective details on anyone (OR) all of parameters <ssid, ip, username, devicetype, ipsk-tag> requested in any order.

The apgroup stuff you might just have to figure out how to parse that data from the show wlan apgroup command.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

dmakarski
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the command I use to get the information by IP when I ssh to the controller:
grep include "x.x.x.x" "show client summary ip"  (replace the x's with the IP address)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card