cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 8510 Maximo de Qos en un ssid

abroysin17232
Level 1
Level 1

Buena tarde a todos espero me puedan apoyar, tengo una duda al configurar un ssid  en la WLC 8510 en el ancho de banda del Qos me marca que el rango limite es invalido si lo configuro con mas de 500 MB , me gustaria saber si es es posible configurar mas ancho de banda al SSID por ejemplo 1 GB para saber si el equipo o su serie 8500 tiene esa limitante, ojala me puedan apoyar.

Saludos

5 Replies 5

Hi

The message says that you can configure a range from 0 to 512000 K.

"For the rate parameter, you can enter a value between 0 and 512,000 Kbps (inclusive). A value of 0 imposes no bandwidth restriction on the QoS profile. "

You  can refer to this guide for details:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/quality_of_service.html 

abroysin17232
Level 1
Level 1

Gracias Flavio por la informacion ya la revise pero mi duda es saber si al configurar el Qos en algun ssid se puede exceder la cantidad 500MB en mi controladora , ya que en la documentacion dice que si se maneja un standar de 0 significa que lo tomara como default el ancho de banda es decir libre, entonces si me gustaria saber si es posible en la controladora 8510 se puede exceder ese limite que me arroja cuando lo supero

Hi

Not explicit explained in any doc about QoS  I´ve been looking, only says that the maximum configurable is 512,000 K.  In my understanding is that , if you configure as 0, you can go up to the limit of the WLC bandwidth which is ,for this WLC, 20 Gbps.

I mean, lets imagine you have One SSID and One client connected to this SSID and not rate limit configured ..and let´s imagine that this client is able to push up to 20 Gbs, then, we could reach the limit of the WLC.

abroysin17232
Level 1
Level 1

Enterado muchas gracias Flavio, ya me queda claro la configuracion de la WLC y en el caso de los Aps que tenemos del modelo AIR-CAP3702P-A-K9 cual seria su capacidad maxima que se puede alcanzar con el AP.

Alright, that´s an interesting quesiton.  Back to out example with one SSID and one Client, this client actually would not ever reach 20Gbps because the Access Point would not permit it.

The CAP3702P-A-K9 has  1Gbps Ethernet interface so, that´s the maximum a client could get. And for that, the Acces point should be configured with 80Mhz channel and the client should support 3 SpatialStream, which as far as I know only a Macbook can support.

This table can give you an idea of how fast you can go with wireless client :

MCS-Blog-Table-scaled.jpg

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card