Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC - Anchor Controller - Local Option

nomykhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

On a WLAN , i am trying to configure local WLC as anchor controller - when i click on the Anchor controller button on the WLAN page it takes me to Anchor Controller setting - in the drop down i can see other controllers in the mobilty group but can not see the LOCAL controller option.

What could be the reason?

3 Replies 3

RockstarWiFi
Level 1
Level 1

Are control and data paths UP UP on your Anchor? The other controllers must have the anchor added in the mobility groups, and the anchor must have the other controllers in the mobility group. Mobility messaging must be up. If you can verify and let us know we can certainly help get that fixed:)

Go to controller Mobility Management on all member controllers and verify they are all listed with control and data paths up up, then let us know.

~Please rate all helpful responses~

Hi t

thanks. I have checked in Mobility management - all data and control paths are up - so if see the other 2 controllers their i can see and select the local option but in this specific controller only its showing the remote WLCs in the drop down menu but not "itself(local)"....not getting why this is happening?

What model of controllers are you using? Not all controllers support Anchor termination, for example 2504's don't support anchor termination until AireOS version 8. That could be your option? Let me know what models you are working with.

~ Please rate helpful post ~

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card