Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC - AP Groups - Multicast - Bonjour - Apple TVv3

Good Morning

first off - Should start off by saying I have followed the Apple Bonjour deployment guide [except for interface group] portion

I have searched high and low, here and there to no avail.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_tech_note09186a0080bb1d7c.shtml

I am aware that the bonjour gateway IOS may or may not come out in Oct/Nov 2012, which maybe my only option at this point.

Is this not working because of my AP groups setup or have I misssed something

I can only get bonjour to work if multicast - unicast mode is selected, but our network slowly grinds to a halt, so it is not an option

when I first connect to the wireless I see 1 bonjour device for about 3 minutes and then disappears.

I can not see the appletv at all with an ipad, airplay does not appear at all.

We have the following setup.

2 campuses - Campus 2 is simular setup, but WLCs higher model and ios 7.2 and clients and subnets are double

Campus 1

2 WLC 4404 ios 7.0.230.0

30 AP groups mapped to 30 Interfaces using subnets with /23 bit subnetmasks

multicast - multicast is set with multicast addresses of

controller 1 239.239.5.1 and

controller 2 239.239.5.2

multicast is enabled

IGMPsnooping as well

On Switch multicast routing is enabled

all AP group subnets and Mgmt vlans are PIM enabled dense mode

set up a trunk to ubuntu server to act as a bonjour gateway, installed avahi and vlan

mapped all AP and mgmt vlans to Ubuntu server.

avahi see the following + more

+ eth0.136 IPv6 Apple TV                                      _airplay._tcp        local

+ eth0.136 IPv4 Apple TV                                      _airplay._tcp        local

+ eth0.134 IPv6 Apple TV                                      _airplay._tcp        local

+ eth0.134 IPv4 Apple TV                                      _airplay._tcp        local

+ eth0.132 IPv6 Apple TV                                      _airplay._tcp        local

+ eth0.132 IPv4 Apple TV                                      _airplay._tcp        local

+ eth0.130 IPv6 Apple TV                                      _airplay._tcp        local

more goes on forever

+ eth0.136 IPv4 xyz Library                             Apple Home Sharing   local

mcast1.jpeg

mcast2.jpeg

mcast3.jpeg

show ip multicast

Multicast Routing: enabled

Multicast Multipath: disabled

Multicast Route limit: No limit

Multicast Triggered RPF check: enabled

Multicast Fallback group mode: Dense

show ip multicast interface vlan 128

Vlan128 is up, line protocol is up

Internet address is x.x.128.1/23

Multicast routing: enabled

Multicast switching: fast

Multicast packets in/out: 14671352/276693

Multicast boundary: not set

Multicast TTL threshold: 0

Multicast Tagswitching: disabled

Where do I go from here?

30 Replies 30

The profile is pushed by the webpage the user is taken to by the QR code. This is iphone only iatm n our implementation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card