Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC client history sessions

aleopoldie
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Experts,

Is there a way on the WLC's to know the date and time that a client was connected , with the MAC address and the IP ?

For example, let's say I want to get a list of clients who connected to my SSID 3 days ago, is it possible only with the WLC ?

AL

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

leo is right.

you can only view this on PI under Monitor > Clients and Users > look under Association Time (last column).

see helpful link (refer to last 3 photos):

http://ccnawirelesswannabe.blogspot.com/2016/10/cisco-prime-infrastructure.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For example, let's say I want to get a list of clients who connected to my SSID 3 days ago, is it possible only with the WLC ?

Not remotely possible.  

This is the job for Cisco Prime Infrastructure. 

Hello Leo,

I'm coming back on this topic to have more details about the client data retention and the possibility to export these datas.

In the moment I configured the data retention as below :

- Disassociated clients : 30 days

- Client session history : 130 days

- Number of rows to keep : 4 000 000

I have current rows = 40 067 and the current last client session is on 2016-August-30, but I am wondering how to export the client database from the 2016-August-30 ? Because when I go to MONITOR > Clients and Users I only have 248 clients ...

And if I go to MONITOR > Monitoring Tools > Alarms and Events, I have 95 893 entries for the clients in the Events...

I'm trying to look on the different menus of the Prime but no way to find the solution to export this client database...

The real purpose is to know if with Prime we can collect the client database up to 6 months, is it possible to export it or send it to a syslog server ?

Thank you,

AL

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

leo is right.

you can only view this on PI under Monitor > Clients and Users > look under Association Time (last column).

see helpful link (refer to last 3 photos):

http://ccnawirelesswannabe.blogspot.com/2016/10/cisco-prime-infrastructure.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card