Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Dynamic Channel Assignment issue

cem.erman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured WLC 2504 to assign channel 1,6 and 11 in 802.11b/g/n DCA . However WLC assign to all access point only channel 1.

Channel Assignment Methot has been chosen as Automatic.

Any ideas why WLC behavior like that. 

I am looking for your reply

Kind Regards

9 Replies 9

Under DCA channel list you already included 1,6,11 & still you are having this issue then it should be code specific issue.

What code you run on this ? 7.4.140.0 7.6.130.0 or 8.0.x 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Manannalage  ,

firstly ,thank you for interesting.

we  run 8.0.100.0 as code version.

Ä°s there any bug for it ?

As per my experience:

its not a bug , its a normal behavior of Cisco controller.

If AP coverage area is non overlapping with other APs then WLC always choose the channel 1.

and coverage area of other APs are overlapping then it select other channels(6 or 11)

Regards

Don't forget to rate helpful posts

Hi,

APs are located in a shopping center area which is 6 floors. There are 40 APs and it is normal to overlap each other. But the problem is all of these choose channel 1 and a PC when connected a SSID in ten minutes down after then we bring it up manually.

After we removed  channel 1. WLC authomatically start to assign the APs on Ch6 and ch11.

Our main problem is break of SSIDs.

Kind regards..

Kind Regards

Hi Erman,

Can you paste the screenshot of this page from WLC:

802.11b > RRM > Dynamic Channel Assignment (DCA)

Regards

Hi,

We attached config and screenshoot. But we allready have removed ch1 and added some channel as you see.

Hi Erman,

First:

I will say" use only channel 1, 6 and 11" in DCA channel list.

Give a Try: just assign the TPC to all AP to "1"(Maximum)- Fixed, then you will see change in channels.

2nd: Also paste the output from:

Wireless > All APs > Radios > 802.11b/g/n

Regards

Regards

Hi,

we changed channels to 1,6,11 as you see. It assigng to three channels. But our main problem is about breaks of SSID. This night we will test it, is the problem about channels or not. we can inform you about detail of problem tomorrow.

Thanks for your early replys.

Hi,

We take the error screen on the license duration as you can see in the login screen.

but the end of this time is again added a 6-week period after the license end time. This is  repeat constantly. How can I solve this situation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card