Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Flex7500 in HA on VLAN1

gtognin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

We provide wireless with a couple of Flex7500 in HA Deployment. Both WLC are in LAG (10Gx2) to a Nexus 7K. Management and Redundancy-Management Interface are untagged while in N7K their subnet IP belongs to VLAN1. (I know VLAN1 is not a best-practice, but I can't change it now)

N7K is configured with a port-channel (vPC) and both works properly till the moment I enable SSO. A message say to set VLAN tagging for Redundancy-Management Interface. Then enabling tagging to VLAN1 both Management and Redundancy gets device unreachable.

I've solved the problem with a workaround changing Native Vlan to a fake ID, leaving Management (and Redundancy) VLAN1 tagged on WLCs.

I'm runnig WLC version 8.0.110.0 on both Flex7500.

Any idea about this strange behaviour? Is it a bug?

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not a strange behavior. Cisco has changed their stance on management being tagged from being I tagged like you find in older documents.  so in the design of AP SSO, it's sort of understood that management and RP will be on a vlan that is tagged.  You did find a good workaround, but might get someone confused later when they look at the switchport configuration and start scratching their head:)

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card