cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Hyper-V isolated guest network

stein9700
Level 1
Level 1

I inherited  a WLC on Hyper-V, management in that office wants an isolated guest network.

Model No. AIR-CTVM-K9

Software Version 8.10.121.0

Normally on a physical device I would just take port 3 and plug it into the firewall and done!

Looking for ideas for this hyper-v WLC.

thanks

6 Replies 6

kapydan88
Level 4
Level 4

If i understood corretly, current question is about how to add new management vlan to virtual wlc?

No I can create the mgt VLANs without issue.

Normally what I do is take a port on the WLC connect it directly to the firewall. Then create an interface for the with IP range, etc. Then create a WLAN and assign to the interface.

Now with a virtual WLC I don't have same port layout and I was looking to see if there was another way to do this. But as I type this I guess I could just create the a VLAN and have it go out the trunk and just deny the traffic on all other ports but the default Gateway.

thanks

During the initial configuration of virtual wlc, the management ip address is set so that you can access the web interface. Do you currently have this address for web access? If not, at what address is the current connection to the controller's web interface made?

So i don't think you understand what I am asking.

If I can create WLAN then YES I can access the management ip address.

Thanks

Hey @stein9700 - can't you just create a new virtual network port on Hyper-V for your WLC VM and then configure that the same way you usually would on a physical WLC?

Is it possible to draw a scheme of what is there and what needs to be done?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card