cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC in HA Keep Rebooting

nomadicwifi
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys I have a WLC HA issue and thought I checked if anyone been through the same and can share the solution to it. I have a WLC pair setup in HA SSO mode and the primary controller keeps rebooting while the HA WLC takes over and becomes the Active WLC.

I configured the WLC as a HA pair and it was all working fine before. The main WLC would be the active. I tested that the failover works with both WLC. Now the main WLC went down, HA WLC took over, and the main WLC doesn't come back up but keeps rebooting. In CLI it shows the below:

Starting VPN Services: ok
Starting Licensing Services: ok
Starting Redundancy: Starting Peer Search Timer of 120 seconds

Found the Peer. Starting Role Determination...
Restarting system ..

Updating license storage ...  Done.
Restarting system.

It just keeps go through the same thing over and over. It doesn't even go through the XML configuration stage. The last resort will be to reset to default config on main WLC and rebuild the config and HA pair. I am trying to avoid that as the WLCs are in a live environment.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Power the WLC off, and disconnect the SFP.  Power on.

Post the entire bootup process and not just the bits above.

Did you upgrade the FUS code too?

Thanks Leo, Power off/on and disconnect the SFP didn't work. I can't upgrade the FUS code because it never gets to a prompt unless I break the HA pair.

I ended up loggin a TAC case and it turned out to be a bug http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCuc34199

Will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card