Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC integration with Microsoft AD

urarindam
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I want to Integrate Cisco WLC with Microsoft AD. I have got one documentation form Cisco Site , but it is not working.

Can any one please provide me any link or configuration documentation ?

Design :

user will get the IP address from WLC when the username and password gets velidated from existing Microsoft AD.

Regards,

Arindam

6 Replies 6

I assume you want to use local EAP against Microsoft AD.

As I know WLC can only work with a LDAP database but not Microsoft AD.

Refer to this document:

LEAP, EAP-FAST/MSCHAPv2, and PEAPv0/MSCHAPv2 are also supported,       but only if the LDAP server is set up to return a clear-text       password. For example, Microsoft Active Directory is not supported       because it does not return a clear-text password. If the LDAP server cannot be       configured to return a clear-text password, LEAP, EAP-FAST/MSCHAPv2, and       PEAPv0/MSCHAPv2 are not supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a008093f1b9.shtml#backinfo

Best regards.

oops sorry!!!!

Its....  Nice point Raul !!!

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nice point Arindam!!

Any RADIUS server in the middle will help you a lot to communicate with the AD.. so that u can use most of the things.. if not.. use LOCAL EAP-FAST..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Microsoft AD supported or not is the answer?

We cannot integrade AD directly without ACS (Radius) to the WLC.. there is only one option. that is to go for LDAP and The link posted by Raul in the begining of the thread will let us know the limitations..

Let me know how this answers your question.

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

In clear, integrating the WLC with the AD as LDAP database will limit you to the methods not containing "mschapv2". For example : peap-gtc, eap-fast-gtc and eap-tls.

Regards,

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card