cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc-issue

dave dave
Level 1
Level 1

hi! I'm using 55xx wlc. I've one interface/ssid created with wpa ase/tkip + psk. recently we turned off the proxy dhcp settings, and i noticed that the client have issue connecting to that ssid. Fr the laptop you've to open up the wireless connection change the settings and key in the the key for it to work. If i changed the psk key, and try to connect the laptop to that ssid it always failed. I will need to go to the laptop wireless connection, change the security settings eg. to wpa2 enterprise and then set it back to wpa and key in the new psk key for it to work again. From laptop i will not be prompted to key in the new psk key. Any idea what's wrong? thanks.

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dave,

it could be a problem with the NIC drivers or the supplicant not liking the IE coming from the WLC.

You might try simplifing the WLAN config to just WPA/TKIP or WPA2/AES.

Also, if you've disabled proxy, make sure you have the ip-helper address under the L3 interfaces to point to the DHCP server

HTH,
Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the quesiton as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I agree with Steve.

Any this would not have anything related to your proxy setting. In fact some client get confused when they see both WPA/WPA2 in a beacon. Some clients will try to use the strong WPA2/AES but in the process may have issues connecting.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card