Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC no web gui when connected to Nexus7K

reymondstaana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Does anyone here experienced this kind of issue? WLC can be access thru SSH but not on web gui when connected to Nexus7K?

We are currently migrating from Catalyst 6500 to Nexus 7k. WLC was originally connected C6500 (no issue on web gui access) but when we transferred the connection of WLC to Nexus 7k (at this state, Nexus7K is only L2 as part of migration strategy), can be access thru ssh but not web gui. Connection of WLC is only single trunk port.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,

Reymond

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That is weird.  Try giving the WLC a reboot.

Hi Philip,

Yup, it is weird. when we returned the connection to 6500, it can be accessed via web gui. I already requested for a reboot, but as of the moment, we cannot have a downtime. Thanks for your insights.

-Reymond

If you returned it to the 6500 and it started working then it just can't be the WLC.

Are you sure the Nexus doesn't have any access lists (even layer 2) configured, or anything tricky like WCCP?

as far as the configuration is concerned, the nexus was configured as L2 only. just simple trunk ports and vpc. no other configuration added.

Could you provide info on whether you are using service port or just the management port and what the IP/VLAN details are? I take it you are trying to ssh/https to the same address from the same subnet?

I had issue with 8510 WLCs when trying to use the service-port for OOB Management and keep management separate - I had to use the management port for SSH as well in the end and remove the routes for my service port.

The only thing I can think of is your Nexus is pruning the VLAN for the management interface but then that would mean your SSH access would be going to a different port..

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Jim Blake
Level 1
Level 1

I had this exact problem: two 7706 with VPC connecting to the 5520 WLC (new style) whose ports were set up for LAG. Could ping the controller from the switch, and the switch from the controller, but no GUI.

turned out that when I did:

"config network webmode enable"
and
"config network secureweb enable"

on the CLI, it all worked as expected.

See what mileage you get from that :)

Hope this helps

Jim

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card