Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC software numbering meaning

hi folks,

could you please help me with the subject? I saw somewhere such document which describes meaning of the each particular number like in IOS versioning but unfortunately can't find it.

thanks in advance!

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ruslan,

This might help or else look at the release notes:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/77131/understanding-access-point-os-images

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

hi Scott,

sorry for late answer, was a little bit busy.

thanks, close but not that I was looking for.

maybe this information is destined for the partners or not really public, because as I remember there was such explanations: x.y.z.n and x.y - its major and minor version numbers and so on, z - if 100 it's initial release, if 120, than bug fixing, if 133 - it's future adding and so on (it's not exact meaning, I just wanted to give understanding).

something like that.

Pretty simple:

.110 MR1

.120 MR2

.130 MR3

if a code is for example .120.11, that means it's a escalation image and can vary depending on the fix for a customer. 

-Scott

-Scott

yes, very similair to what I'm looking for, where did you find this information:)?

and if I have 8.0.133.0 - what does this mean?

I use to work for CDW a Cisco Partner and this is what you learn:)

8 - Code train

0 - First version for the code train

133 - MR3 with an escalation fix

0 - Escalation version (none here) usually you get these when you open a tac case and they build a fix for you

The 133 basically means that 130 had issues and Cisco had to fix the code and published MR3 with fixes. 

Hope that helps

-Scott 

-Scott

I thought so:)

so 121 - MR2 with escalation fix 2? 113 - MR1 and esc. fix 3? and MR number increasing means implementing new features?

Not really.. 13x x is what're version they decide on and only can be from 0-9. You can say 131 is the first bug fixes and 132 is the second, but it depends on when the code gets published. Escalation images are 133.x

-Scott

-Scott

uhm, oh, cisco as usual, with those sophisticated concepts and unobvious meanings:).

which version is better for upgrade in regular cases?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card