cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC unreachable

s.hellman
Level 1
Level 1

We have four WLC 5508, and a PI 2.2. We upgraded WLC one and two without any problems to 8.0.110, but when we upgraded WLC three it became unreachable in PI. Restart of PI and WLC did not fix it. I tried to remove the controller in PI but get the message: Error:Unknown Exception Occurred.

The configuration should be the same on all controllers. WLC three runs ok, it is just that I cant reach it from PI.

If I try to update credentials for WLC three in PI, i get the message: Error while updating SNMP/Telnet credentials

Any ideas??

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the controller, check to see if PI is configure under the snmp trap receivers.  If your using snmpv3, try snmpv2 to see if that takes or not.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

PI is configured as trap reciever. I was using snmp v2, trying to change credentials to v3 in PI resulted in the same error: Error while updating SNMP/Telnet credentials

Trying to change snmp in controller configuration in PI resulted in the error:

Error:COMMON-1: Some unexpected internal error has occurred. If the problem persists please report to the Tech Support.

Error:Detail: errorId=8 Invalid credential name: DEVICE_PACKAGE_FINGERPRINT.

I tried a MIB-browser to the controller and SNMP is ok, so the problem seems to be in PI.

Is there any other way to delete the controller in PI besides Configure>Controllers, check the controller and choose Remove Controller?

Open a TAC case as they might be able to query the DB and remove the entry. Other than that, the inly way to delete the controller is what you have posted.  I had a similar issue but was during the early stages of the project. I basically just installed a new instant of PI and started from scratch. Much faster than trying to figure it out. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes, I have opened a TAC case, hope they can help me.

I am not that keen on starting from scratch, have much maps and stuff.

Thanks for your time Scott.

The poblem is solved.

I am always using Classic Theme, and there was no way to get contact between the controller and PI, or to delete the controller.

I switched to Converged Theme and there was the possibility to do a syncronize between the controller and PI, and that fixed it!

Maybe its time to be using Converged theme...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card