Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Web Auth & Android

andres.lorat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Group, how are you?.

I'm having problems with Android devices and web authentication. When devices Android associated to the SSIDs doesnt open a browser  not appear any popup, and applications such as SKYPE that doesnt need browser not work.  Instead in Apple devices appear a pop up.

Someone knows how to solve this problem, To display an pop up on Android devices?.

Thanks.

Andrés.

4 Replies 4

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anres,

Note please that andoid browsers are not supported by Cisco for the WLC. Even if you open a TAC Case the engineer will tell you that our controller does not support this browser. Only supported browsers are IE and FF.

So, you need to handle this issue from the browser's side. You can try to upgrade to latest Android version. If it is still not working you can do nothing with the current software. Android needs to add better compatibility for cisco web-auth page for your android version or Cisco need to provide a software that supports android browser with your android version.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Amjad, thanks for you answer.

I cant understand why you say it's a browser issue. The browser works fine and once you open the browser which can successfully authenticate. The problem is that doesnt appears a pop up as on Apple devices if you connect to ssid but not open browser to authenticate.

Thanks,

Andrés.

Apple device are different... they have a built-in feature that checks to see if they have Internet or not, if the connection doesn't allow them out (webauth), then it automatically opens a browser.... no other device do that as I know.  My android table doesn't for sure.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

What Scott is refering to is Apple's "WISPr"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/wlan/config_wlan_chapter_010001.html

Unless the Droid device or specified browser is designed to initiate HTTP traffic automatically when connecting to WiFi networks (like Apple IOS), the end-user would have to actually open their browser and "initiate" some HTTP traffic to trigger the webauth portal to take.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card