cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC webauth redirect URL after login

d.muccillo
Level 1
Level 1

Guest web authentication works fine and am able to redirect on windows laptop. The url redirect does not work on the Iphone or Blackberry..is this not possible?

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It has worked for me in the past. You can always put a redirect on the HTML if your doing custom.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have a custom web page and i have put the url redirect on the controller under security-> web auth..works fine when i test it with a windows machine but with the blackberry and iphone i get the captive portal...put in the login. it doesn't do the url redirect..wondering if this is nornal?

So the portal woks, but the user goes to their page on their iPhone. Have you tried to add the redirect in the HTML code instead? I have not had problems the way you have it setup on the wlc. On the iPhone are you using the browser to log in or are you joining the SSID and letting the iPhone pop up the login.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Have not added to the html code but will try that. I thought that the WLC config would override that. I tested and it is both using the browser and letting the iphone popup the login.

I don't know as I have no issues with my iPhone. Try coding it in the HTML and let us know if that fixes it or not.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card