Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC

benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Is  it possible to copy a config from one WLC and paste to another WLC same model and version.? any caveats with this method anything to be aware of.??

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yea, you dont need to worry. The script will run and move between modes

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi

Take the output of "show rin-config commamds" and run in the other wlc

Hi

Thanks for that, will the WLC take all the commands in the same mode, what I mean is I dont have to jump between modes do I??

Thanks

Yea, you dont need to worry. The script will run and move between modes

you can not I think the IP is different, why you looking for this solution copy past ?

I have not done from a config backup, not sure as looking at one it does list the serial#, so can't say for sure. As Flavio said, what I have done is 2 commands

config paging disable

show run-config commands

Have putty logging to a file.

you can try to run all on new controller, or piece it as needed.

The above seems to be specific to AireOS.

If anyone's wondering about IOS-XE, I've transferred the running config from one WLC to another and there were several things that did not transfer since they're not in the running config:

• VLANs/VTP
  • netconf/yang config for telemetry
  • SNMP V3 users
  • Smart licensing token

Also, if password encryption service is enabled, passwords don't transfer if the same encryption key wasn't configured on the destination controller before copying the config to it, so all passwords (user, RADIUS secrets, etc.) may need to be re-entered.

It's been a few months since I dealt with this, so this may not be 100% accurate or complete information, but at least know that it might not be a straight export/import with a 9800 WLC.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card