Views
Helpful
Replies

working with CT5508

Debudas123
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

i have 12 caps(3602) and one 5508 controller, i have configure all the things, but when i have enable the hight-thoughput (n mode), then no win7 laptops are connecting, but when i will disable it then it is connected with 54 mbps, so what will be the issue.

thanks

Debu                  

25 Replies 25

I have a feeling your PC's wireless card does not support 802.11n.  I believe it will only support 802.11 b/g and could be falsely advertised as "802.11 b/g/n ready".

this problem is in only win7 laptop, winxp are working fine

thanks

Debu

this problem is in only win7 laptop

Can you specify the model of the wireless NIC driver and the version of the drivers?

windows 7 are not connecting, but winxp, macbook and mobiles are connected...

thanks

Debu

windows 7 are not connecting, but winxp, macbook and mobiles are connected...

This sounds like drivers as well.  Are the Windows 7 clients the same hardware?

Have you tried upgrading the drivers of the Windows 7 wireless NIC?

What happens if you use OPEN authentication, can the Windows 7 client associate?

Atheros AR9285 wilss adaptor

driver version  7.7.0268

different different adaptor are using, in open authentication same problem...

thanks

Debu

different different adaptor are using, in open authentication same problem...

Gee whiz.  Your drivers are woefully OUTDATED. 

Go here:  http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=37&system=5

Update your drivers and try again.  Your description eliminates wireless issues and continuously points to the wireless card.

same issue after update......

thanks

Debu

Can you post a screen shot of where you are enabling this hight-thoughput (n mode)?

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Describe to me the Windows 7 you are currently using.  I mean how was the OS installed?  Is this OS stright from the MS CD/DVD or is the OS an SOE package?

The fact that WinXP and Win8 works fine but not Win7 means this TOTALLY ELIMINATES your issue as a "wireless" problem. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card