Views
Helpful
Replies

x2 Corrupt AIR-CAP1602I-E-K9 ?

JeremyEkins2931
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ya'all

Wondering if any super-duper-mega-hypo-galactic-megatron Cisco expert can help me, stupidly i bought some second hand 

AIR-CAP1602I-E-K9 wireless routers to cover some blank areas of our site, i hooked them up and have been told by our guy that they wont accept the flash file he's trying to put on (comments there are lots of strange errors). My knowledge of Cisco is pretty limited - but logging into it im seeing all sorts of stuff im not so sure about.  

Ive of course googled all this and tried a few things here and there, but not exactly knowing what im doing, i dont want to brick the devices even more...

Not sure if anyone can make sense of this ( and yes i've pressed the mode button over and over ).

I guess it serves me right for trying to save some £££'s

If anyone has any magic ideas, that would be fantastic! I've spent all day on and off pulling my hair out on this and cant believe this and the other one i purchased are useless.

If you need any more information, please let me know and ill do my best to obtain it.

Ive attached the following files:

Dir.txt - this is the directory structure of the AP

reload.txt - this is the output when i type the reload command

Mode.txt - this is the output when i hold down the mode button

Thanks in advance!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dont know about the tool but you can chekc this document related to flash Corruption issue:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/213317-understanding-various-ap-ios-flash-corru.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Juan Ibañez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @JeremyEkins2931.

I see the files and view that this a Lightweight Access Point, and probably it reloaded because not find the WLC (is a normal process).

Do you need this AP for Autonomous or Lightweight?

if you have another file with all process, please send me.

Best Regards

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the reply, they will need to be working as Lightweight.  When you say "all the process" what do you mean? Let me know what you need and ill gladly upload it.

Thankyou.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AP is having a lightweight image and it will need WLC to work with. Means current software (K9w8) making this AP dumb.

You either shoudl have a WLC or install a Autonomous softwrae(K9w7) on it to make it work.

Regards

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your reply, Yes they will be operating as Lightweight, we have a WLC. 

My guy said that the AP's joined the WLC but failed to send the config/firmware as it reported memory errors... so im assuming nothing is going to fix them?

Is there something i can use to test the memory myself without having to access the WLC ?

Maybe i could try to upload the Autonomous firmware?  Anyone know how i go about that ? Sorry CIOS is not my thing :-/

what exactly you want to do!!

just want to join AP to WLC and use WLAN in blank loop area ? is it right ?

Yes - exactly that but being told that the devices have memory errors, makes me wonder how can i either verify that, or get around the issue, if i cant use them with WLC, then maybe some other use, other than a geeky coffee cup holder...

you can try to delete the files excpet the software image and then reload it.

or just try to reset it:

erase /all nvram:

[confirm]

undebug all

reload

[confirm]

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

Thanks Sandeep

Seems not many commands want to work - i have tried with and without "en" so in privileged mode, seems a lot of stuff i try comes back as unknown command - eg:

APd072.dcac.32f4>erase /all nvram:
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

APd072.dcac.32f4>en
Password:
APd072.dcac.32f4#erase /all nvram:
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

As its not so clear its highlighting the letter "R" on the word erase

first use this command:

AP# debug capwap console cli

and then start with reset(As in above post).

Regards

Thanks Sandeep, it at least accepted the commands this time :) Unfortunately it had no affect on the bigger picture from what i can see, it still giving me the same errors once booted, i noticed it mentions it loads some default configuration file but then says unexpected end of file.. dont know if that's just a red herring or has some baring on it.

I thought it unlikely that both of these units are stuffed, but its seems like its getting that way, guess that will teach me to buy things like this from ebay lol

Is there some sort of independent tool that can test the hardware of these devices?

thanks

Dont know about the tool but you can chekc this document related to flash Corruption issue:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/213317-understanding-various-ap-ios-flash-corru.html

Regards

Oh thankyou ! That looks interesting, time to get my glasses out and start reading, at the very least it will help me understand this stuff in the future!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card