Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9000 migrating RSP440 to RSP880

Hisoma Sama
Level 1
Level 1

hello

we have an ASR 9010 have only 1 RSP440 installed, and we want to install RSP880 instead.

i read on a document thats its prerequisite to have 2 RSP440 installed acting as Active/standby.

what happen in my case how should i migrate whats the procedure for that?

and what happen to the current configuration?

note the current XR ver 5.1.2

3 Replies 3

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need a higher release that support RSP880 in order to follow this guide:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/service-providers-documents/migrating-from-rsp440-to-rsp880-on-asr9000/ta-p/3157251

Otherwise you could pre-stage the RSP880s in lab and then power down router and replace the RSPs.

Sam

thanks Sam

i already checked the link you mentioned its saying "Router must be running release 5.3.2" is it mandatory for 5.3.2?

and unfortunately i have no lab what happen if i shutdown the whole device and replaced the RSP. that IOS ver im expecting for the new IOS and if its gonna boot normally just to put the configuration?

Yes, the minimum for RSP880 at all is 5.3.0 but for the live migration is 5.3.2.

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: