Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9001 possible stale BGP routes

Hi,

We have deployed a couple of ASR9001's recently and while we're still adjusting to the XR os we're fairly comfortable with it.  Having said that, we're experiencing a strange issue where I don't know if it's a bug or a config issue.

The ASR9k is receiving a /24 prefix from another device on our network (asr1k) that learnt it via a peering link.  The /24 was replaced by a /23 from the originator, however, the 9k still sees the route and still believes it is receiving it from the ASR1k.  The ASR1k isn't sending it to the 9k or receiving it from anywhere anymore.

I haven't seen this before on any other platforms and I'm wondering if it's a bug or a configuration issue - I don't have any policies on the BGP session between the 9k and asr1k - it just receives everything it is sent.

I know I can clear the session and the route will disappear, however, this isn't really fixing the issue.

The ios-xr version is 6.5.2 - I've done some initial bug searches but haven't seen anything that sticks out.  

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

1 Reply 1

Elvin Arias
Level 1
Level 1

Can you post:

1. show bgp ipv4 unicast neighbor x.x.x.x advertise-routes (On the ASR1K)

2. show bgp ipv4 unicast <STALE PREFIX> (On the ASR9K)

Elvin