Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9k A9K-iVRF-LIC license Question

Hi.

I'm having problems with the vrf license in ios-xr. I have installed the VRF license and it seems to be working. But when i commit the vrf config the following error message appears in the logbuffer;

%LICENSE-ASR9K_LICENSE-2-INFRA_VRF_NEEDED : 1 VRF(s) are configured without a valid license / license configuration A9K-iVRF-LIC in violation of the S...

Some outputs from the router;

sh license

FeatureID: A9K-iVRF-LIC (Slot based, Permanent)

Total licenses 1

Available for use         1

Allocated to location     0

Active                    0

Store name             Permanent

Store index               1

Pool: Owner

Total licenses in pool: 1

sh license log administration

#ID     :SDR     :FeatureID       :NodeID    :Time:   Log

1       :Owner   :None            :0/RSP0/CPU0:Thu May 19 14:16:07 2011:   License add successful for feature(s): "A9K-iVRF-LIC"  License command "license add disk0:/xxx.lic sdr Ow

sh license log operational

29      :Owner   :A9K-iVRF-LIC    :0/1/CPU0  :Tue Aug 23 10:52:12 2011: license_acquire: opaque_string (null), result('License Manager' detected the 'warning' condition 'No such license')

I really dont understand what the trouble is all about. Any ideas?

Regards

Andreas

27 Replies 27

Hi Renato,

yeah cool you found the reference. This restriction will be lifted in XR 5 dot something (dunno the precise release), just fyi.

You could static pin the satellite interfaces you want to bundle to a single 10G uplink maybe? and leave the remainder that dont need to be bundled in an ICL bundle of 3?

regards

xander

Could you provide a sample of this configuration because I don't think I got your point.

Thank you !

Ok, lets say you want to use ports 0-9 on your satellite to create bundles, which means they can't be part of an ICL bundle. Then do the following:

router(config)# interface TenGigabitEthernet 0/1/0/0
router(congig)# ipv4 point-to-point
router(config)# ip unnumbered Loopback 1000
router(config)# nv satellite-fabric-link satellite 100
router(config)#    remote-ports GigabitEthernet 0/0/0-9

So now we have static pinned the ports 0 to 9 to tengig 0/1/0/0, which menas we can bundle the sat ports 0-9

as normal.

Now we can take 3 other tengigs and make them a 3 member bundle:

router(config)# interface TenGigabitEthernet 0/2/0/1
router(config)# bundle id 10 mode on

Under the bundle ethernet we define the other sat ports to be linked:

router(config)# interface Bundle-Ethernet 10
router(config)# ipv4 point-to-point
router(config)# ip unnumbered Loopback 1000
router(config)# nv satellite-fabric-link satellite 200
router(config)#    remote-ports GigabitEthernet 0/0/0/10-39

I see,  that could be a solution but it also means that I'm wasting a 10-GE interface and if this interface goes down, my bundle interface will also go down, right?

Thank you

Correct indeed Renato, if the Ten 0/1/0/0 goes down then you lose all those ports it serves, there is no ICL redundancy in that case.

One thing though is that I am recofnirming with our SAT development we can do bundled and non-bundled ICL as that was a restriction in XR42.1 when SAT came out. I'll let you know when I have confirmation on that.

regards

xander

Thank you Alexander !

Hi Renato, confirmed, you can do this trick of bundled with non bundled ICL's starting XR4.3.0.

cheers

xander

Thank you Alexander for your help, I'm gonna test it today ! Do you have any ideia when Cisco will realease the IOS-XR with a fix to this problem?

[]'s

Renato

Hello Alexander,

I would like to thank you for all your help ! I tested the configuration you recommended and it worked fine.

[]'s

Renato Reis

hi renato,

thanks very much for confirming, generally I dont hear when things work, so it is very awesome to hear that the trick did the trick

cheers!

xander

Hello Alexander,

It's me again ! Have you ever tested if the interfaces go down when you change the remote ports range?

thanks !

Renato

Hi Renato,

yes this is expected, the ports that are (un)configured will have a state change. Example:

Start:

interface TenGigE0/2/0/0

nv

satellite-fabric-link satellite 100

remote-ports GigabitEthernet 0/0/0-43

Changing the range to 0-9 will down all ports 10-43.

Changing the range back to 0-43 will enable all ports 10-43 and puts them in admin down state.

regards

xander

Hi 

In my case the the license is tsill showing Available only , it is still not active after using commnds mentioned by you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: