Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9K Power modules

Peyman Zadmehr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I searching for Power Module Setup for ASR9K, I used Power Calculator tool of Cisco. I my setup it says I can use Three 6000W AC module.

As I checked the ordering information of ASR9K This module is applicable of PEM-V3. I want to know if I install two PEM module  and then Install two 6kW module on one PEM and another one on The second PEM then Will I have Power Redundancy?

The output of Power Caculator Says I can use three 6000KW for N+1 Redundancy...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's a bunch of different kinds of redundancy, there's redundancy for a single power module failure, for a whole power shelf failing, etc.

If you insert 2 PSUs in one power shelf and 1 in the second shelf and the shelf with 2 PSUs fails then you only have 6000W available. You can also view the different redundancies with admin show environment power like below, also a link to what each means.

Power Budget Summary for Rack 0
--------------------------------

Power Shelves Type: AC
Power Budget Strict Mode: Disabled
Power Budget Enforcement: Enabled
Power Redundancy Mode: N + N

Total Power Capacity: 30000W
Usable Power Capacity: 18000W
N+1 Supply Failure Protected Capacity: 18000W
N+N Supply Failure Protected Capacity: 12000W
Worst Case Power Used: 8110W

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r6-2/sysman/command/reference/b-system-management-cr-asr9000-62x/b-sysman-cr-asr9k-61x_chapter_01001.html#wp1565243403

Sam

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's a bunch of different kinds of redundancy, there's redundancy for a single power module failure, for a whole power shelf failing, etc.

If you insert 2 PSUs in one power shelf and 1 in the second shelf and the shelf with 2 PSUs fails then you only have 6000W available. You can also view the different redundancies with admin show environment power like below, also a link to what each means.

Power Budget Summary for Rack 0
--------------------------------

Power Shelves Type: AC
Power Budget Strict Mode: Disabled
Power Budget Enforcement: Enabled
Power Redundancy Mode: N + N

Total Power Capacity: 30000W
Usable Power Capacity: 18000W
N+1 Supply Failure Protected Capacity: 18000W
N+N Supply Failure Protected Capacity: 12000W
Worst Case Power Used: 8110W

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r6-2/sysman/command/reference/b-system-management-cr-asr9000-62x/b-sysman-cr-asr9k-61x_chapter_01001.html#wp1565243403

Sam